Russian students should not study the Holocaust.

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 7:47 PM
      http://www.jta.org/cgi-bin/iowa/breaking/106750.html

      Published: 02/01/2008

      A leader in the Russian Orthodox Church said Russian students should
      not study the Holocaust.

      Evgeny Nikiforov, chairman of the Radonezh Orthodox Society, said
      it's absurd that Russian students should learn tolerance by studying
      the murder of Jews during World War II rather than the Russian
      tragedies of the 20th century, according to the Interfax news agency.

      "The history of Russian tragedy -- the Russian Holocaust -- has not
      been written down yet and it is absolutely absurd to study the
      history of Jewish, Hungarian, Cambodian or other people's tragedies
      while our own history has not been studied," he said.

      Nikiforov addedthat he found it "strange that we Russians should
      learn tolerance from the Jewish nation's history," when "the richest
      Russian history, especially in the 20th century, gives a lot of
      positive and negative examples for tolerance study."

      previous Previous