Matushka Schmemann's Prayer to St. Herman of Alaska

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2008
      Prayer to St Herman of Alaska
      By Matushka Juliana Schmemann
      St Herman, please protect our Church: restore the peace, the purity, the love for the Lord, and for each other, that is shadowed now, and is tempting our people.
      You, great Saint, who planted firmly in America the Cross of Christ: come back to us, and see to it that we have not shaken that Cross, which you firmly planted. Make it firm again; give us the truth, the light, and the trust, which is shaken.
      Please, great Saint, intercede for us. We are weak, and guilty. We need the Lord to help us up, and forgive us; and we must become truly humble, but DARING, and courageous, fully admit our wrongs, and repent.

      The Introduction of Archbishop Seraphim on publishing the Prayer

      I, the Archbishop, received yesterday this following prayer from Matushka Juliana Schememann. I consider it very appropriate at this time. Without having asked her permission, I am jumping in to make this prayer available to all others who are ready to join her in this prayer to St Herman.
      With love in Christ, I remain,
      � Seraphim
      December 14, 2007