Saint Philothea Project

  • Timothy Farrell
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2007
      Saint Philothea Project
      Urgent needs in
      Alba Iulia, Prahova, Arges

      Join with other Orthodox Bishops, Priests, and Laity in America.
      Give your compassionate assistance to the orphans and other poor
      children in Romania.
      For the tenth year Saint Philothea Project will go to Romania bringing
      assistance to poor and suffering children.
      Over 500 children will be visited during the Christmas Holiday..
      First: Money is needed to pay for carrying these gifts from America
      to Romania. We purchase things urgently need at each location helping
      the poor.
      Food for the "Cantina Saracilor" in Alba Iulia
      Father Nicolea Tanase in Valea Plopului
      Diapers for the abandoned babies in Aiud
      And many other urgent needs
      Second:we need packets containing:
      Underwear/socks
      Toothbrush and toothpaste
      Comb/brush for hair
      Soap/Shampoo
      A small Icon will be nice
      A Non-Battery toy or two good for the age of the child
      OTC Cold medicine for children
      - poor children suffer colds and flue with no relief
      Some candy
      Saint Philothea Project needs the gifts and funds before December 15
      to insure hand delivery at Christmas
      Please pray and assist us to bring your love to the poor in the
      household of GOD.
      At Your Service
      Timothy Farrell
      Saint Philothea Project
      2004 E. Whitmer St.
      Decatur, Il 62521
    • Timothy Farrell
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 26, 2008
        Dear Friends of Saint Of Philothea and the Poor.
        Greetings in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit!
        It has been a wonderful and encouraging Christmas Fast. We are
        entering the Christmas Celebration season, so we are turning our
        minds to planning for the Paschal fast. The remaining gift packets
        for the children are getting on the boat. To complete the success of
        the Saint Philothea Project. We need your help.
        During the Pascha Celebration season we will visit the children's
        home to complete the delivery of their packets. At each home we ask
        the priest or mother in charge what is needed. We go to the stores or
        local markets and buy what they put on the list. Corn meal, flour,
        oil, and other staples are top on their lists. Other times we have
        been given a list of specific items for the children (slippers,
        underwear, socks). In order to meet the immediate and urgent needs,
        we need your help.
        With no permanent staff and all volunteers paying their own way to
        Romania, ALL money raised during the Paschal fast will be used to pay
        for shipping expenses and purchases for the children's homes order.
        God willing we will visit Father Nicolae Tanase and his camp operated
        by Pro-Vita Romania. Second we will visit the diocese of Alba Iulia
        and the dozen orphanages operate in small towns and villages.
        April 19 - May 7 affords orthodox people in America an extraordinary
        opportunity. Saint Philothea Project extends an invitation to all.
        Come and see our work and the country of Romania. You will visit the
        children's homes. And in our three weeks of travel we stop at several
        for breaks and respite. When passing through cities we greet the
        Saint in cathedrals. If all goes well, we will make a side trip or
        two to Monasteries and Saints I have not seen for a few years. To
        join Mission and Monasteries 2009, you need to provide you own
        airfare and since we are visiting the poor you may want to bring
        money to give to the poor. You may join this liturgy of the poor at
        anytime. You are welcome to join for all or part of these visit.
        Please contact us with your intentions. We want to make your visit
        to Romania filled with life changing memories.
        God be with you and Peace All Ways
        Pilgrim Tim
        An Unprofitable Servant
        Saint Philothea Project
        217-433-0827
      • Timothy Farrell
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
          Dear Friends of Saint Philothea and her poor children.
          Greetings in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
          The beginning of the Great Fast is almost upon us. Our idle talk is
          about food and what we will miss during the fast.
          As you embark on this journey consider adding compassion on the poor,
          to your abstinence from rich food. Let good works repair the damage
          done by degradation of sin.
          Saint Philothea of Arges loved the church. She loved God who has
          compassion on the poor. She co-labored by sharing bread with the poor
          children. Now, she co-labors with God to provide for the people of
          Romania.
          Consider her example. At the age of twelve was crowned with
          martyrdom while helping the poor. God revealed her holiness in
          allowing her to choose the place her remains would repose. In the
          past 700 years her body has not decayed. Today, she see a continuos
          stream of people in Curtea de Arges, Romania. Her intercessions
          have brought rain and strengthen bodies and souls of the people who
          seek her assistance.

          Please consider Saint Philothea Project - Missions and Monasteries
          2009 as a steward of your gift to the poor.

          April 20 we will begin distributing your gifts to orphans and other
          poor. Father Nicolae Tanase and the 500 unaborted children scatter
          in families always welcome our material assistance. Bishop Andrei in
          Albal Iulia always appreciates our visit to his many (over 12)
          orphanages. Saint Philothea Project visits each orphanage to observe
          the loving care being giving to the children. During this initial
          visit we get a list of immediate needs at each house. Saint
          Philothea Project's ability to meet the need of these children we
          will see is dependent upon the generosity of the Orthodox People of
          America.

          Please send your gift to

          Saint Philothea Project
          2004 E. Whitmer St.
          Decatur Il 62521

          At this date we have a mere $900 to assist nearly 1000 orphans in
          Romania.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 11, 2012
            Saint Philothea Project
            2004 E. Whitmer St.
            Decatur IL 62521

            Dear Friends of Saint Philothea, Saint Theodore Tiron and the poor:

            Parishes from every jurisdiction and every part of the country and not a few individuals have decided to make packages for orphans and distressed children in Romania. Long Island NY, Washington State, Virginia, Illinois are the places represented so far. Please consider if you or the parish you serve are needing a Nativity Fast Almsgiving Project.
            Delivering Comfort
            and Warmth
            to Those In Need

            Teenage Boys

            Sizes XL, L, M, S, XS

            Underwear: Cotton Briefs
            T-Shirts: Cotton Undershirts
            Sport Socks: Poly/Cotton Blend Tube
            Sleepwear: Poly/Cotton Blend Tops & Bottoms
            Slippers/House Shoes

            Teenage Girls

            Sizes L, M, S, XS

            Underwear: Cotton Briefs
            T-Shirts: Cotton Undershirts
            Bras & Sport Bras: 100% Nylon
            Sport Socks: Poly/Cotton Blend Tube
            Sleepwear: Poly/Cotton Blend Tops & Bottoms
            Slippers/House Shoes

            Children & Infants

            Sizes 3-24 mos, 2T-6X, 7-14

            Underwear: Boys & Girls Briefs
            T-Shirts: White Cotton Undershirts
            Sport Socks: Poly Cotton Blend or 100% Cotton
            Sleepwear: Long Pant Pajamas, Poly/Cotton Blend

            Personal Items (anything travel sized)
            Icons small or paper
            Toothbrushes: Soft-Bristle individually Wrapped Adult & Child Sized
            Toothpaste: Fluoride Tube 2.75 oz., & Toddler Paste
            Comb & Brush: Personal Size
            Soap: Face & Body Bars, 1.5 oz.
            Shampoo/Conditioner: 4 oz.
            Moisture Lotion: 4-8 oz.

            Everything can be sent in Backpack, Rucksack, bag or box.