Fwd: [IOCC] Metropolitan Herman Endorses IOCC’s Aid to Greece

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2007
      Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:57:54 -0400
      From: News <News@...>
      Subject: [IOCC] Metropolitan Herman Endorses IOCC's Aid to Greece

      Metropolitan Herman Endorses IOCC's Aid to Greece

      October 4, 2007

      (Baltimore, MD) "I encourage parish priests to inform the
      parishioners about the importance of IOCC's labors on our behalf, and
      to stress the solidarity we feel for our sister communities in
      Greece, with whom we share the Orthodox faith," writes His Beatitude
      Metropolitan HERMAN, the Primate of the Orthodox Church in America
      (OCA), in a letter endorsing the relief work currently being carried
      out by International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) in Greece.

      His Beatitude also stresses IOCC's pan Orthodox mission (the full
      text of the letter can be found by
      <http://www.oca.org/PDF/NEWS/2007/2007-0913-MHGreekFiresLetter.pdf>clicking
      here). "The humanitarian programs of IOCC enable us as Orthodox
      churches in North America to offer not only prayers and sympathy to
      those who suffer, but also the hand of assistance and support in the
      name of Christ."

      Since September 8, IOCC has been on the ground in the Peloponnese
      distributing animal feed among the villages of the provinces of Ileia
      and Arcadia, benefiting more than 800 farmers.

      IOCC, founded in 1992 as the official humanitarian aid agency of the
      Standing Conference of Canonical Orthodox Bishops in the Americas
      (SCOBA), has implemented over $250 million in relief and development
      programs in 33 countries around the world.

      To help in providing emergency relief, call IOCC's donation hotline
      toll-free at 1-877-803-4622, make a gift on-line at www.iocc.org, or
      mail a check or money order payable to "IOCC" and write "Greece
      Fires" in the memo line to: IOCC, P.O. Box 630225, Baltimore, Md. 21263-0225.

      Media calls: Contact <mailto:amorcos@...>Ms. Amal Morcos at
      410-243-9820 or (cell) 443-823-3489.