Saint Philothea Project

  • Timothy Farrell
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
      Saint Philothea Project
      2004 E. Whitmer St.
      Decatur, IL 62521
      Philothea@...
      Timothy Farrell
      217-433-0827

      UPDATE:
      Greetings in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit!

      September is almost here. In many place school is starting soon.
      Usually you would have received a few emails from asking for your
      attention to the needs of orphans, abortion survivors, poor children,
      and other poor in Romania.

      Florin and Andrea our assistants and family in Romania are due to
      deliver their child in December.

      We have decided to make a December visit for the Saint Philothea
      Project. Please consider preparing a gift boxes for a poor or
      neglected child. The Post office has made our job a bit easier. They
      have a flat rate box. It is good size for Christmas gifts. Saint
      Philothea Project's goal of 500 boxes filled with Christmas gifts for
      boys or girls from newborn to 14 years. Each box will be given to one
      child.

      What should You put in the Box?
      Children in Romania are smaller than in America so only the small
      and medium sizes are needed.
      Underwear/socks
      Toothbrush and toothpaste
      Comb/brush for hair
      Soap/Shampoo
      A small Icon will be nice
      A Non-Battery toy or two good for the age of the child
      OTC Cold medicine for children - poor children suffer colds and flue
      with no relief
      Some candy
      Anything you would like to put in the box to make it a personal
      gift from your hand to the hand of a poor orthodox child.

      Saint Philothea Project needs the boxes before December 15 to insure
      hand delivery before Christmas
      Please pray and consider what you and your parish friends can do for
      your souls and the comfort of the poor in the household of GOD.

      At Your Service
      Timothy Farrell
      Saint Philothea Project
      2004 E. Whitmer St.
      Decatur, Il 652521
    • Timothy Farrell
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2007
        Saint Philothea Project
        Urgent needs in
        Alba Iulia, Prahova, Arges

        Join with other Orthodox Bishops, Priests, and Laity in America.
        Give your compassionate assistance to the orphans and other poor
        children in Romania.
        For the tenth year Saint Philothea Project will go to Romania bringing
        assistance to poor and suffering children.
        Over 500 children will be visited during the Christmas Holiday..
        First: Money is needed to pay for carrying these gifts from America
        to Romania. We purchase things urgently need at each location helping
        the poor.
        Food for the "Cantina Saracilor" in Alba Iulia
        Father Nicolea Tanase in Valea Plopului
        Diapers for the abandoned babies in Aiud
        And many other urgent needs
        Second:we need packets containing:
        Underwear/socks
        Toothbrush and toothpaste
        Comb/brush for hair
        Soap/Shampoo
        A small Icon will be nice
        A Non-Battery toy or two good for the age of the child
        OTC Cold medicine for children
        - poor children suffer colds and flue with no relief
        Some candy
        Saint Philothea Project needs the gifts and funds before December 15
        to insure hand delivery at Christmas
        Please pray and assist us to bring your love to the poor in the
        household of GOD.
        At Your Service
        Timothy Farrell
        Saint Philothea Project
        2004 E. Whitmer St.
        Decatur, Il 62521
      • Timothy Farrell
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 26, 2008
          Dear Friends of Saint Of Philothea and the Poor.
          Greetings in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit!
          It has been a wonderful and encouraging Christmas Fast. We are
          entering the Christmas Celebration season, so we are turning our
          minds to planning for the Paschal fast. The remaining gift packets
          for the children are getting on the boat. To complete the success of
          the Saint Philothea Project. We need your help.
          During the Pascha Celebration season we will visit the children's
          home to complete the delivery of their packets. At each home we ask
          the priest or mother in charge what is needed. We go to the stores or
          local markets and buy what they put on the list. Corn meal, flour,
          oil, and other staples are top on their lists. Other times we have
          been given a list of specific items for the children (slippers,
          underwear, socks). In order to meet the immediate and urgent needs,
          we need your help.
          With no permanent staff and all volunteers paying their own way to
          Romania, ALL money raised during the Paschal fast will be used to pay
          for shipping expenses and purchases for the children's homes order.
          God willing we will visit Father Nicolae Tanase and his camp operated
          by Pro-Vita Romania. Second we will visit the diocese of Alba Iulia
          and the dozen orphanages operate in small towns and villages.
          April 19 - May 7 affords orthodox people in America an extraordinary
          opportunity. Saint Philothea Project extends an invitation to all.
          Come and see our work and the country of Romania. You will visit the
          children's homes. And in our three weeks of travel we stop at several
          for breaks and respite. When passing through cities we greet the
          Saint in cathedrals. If all goes well, we will make a side trip or
          two to Monasteries and Saints I have not seen for a few years. To
          join Mission and Monasteries 2009, you need to provide you own
          airfare and since we are visiting the poor you may want to bring
          money to give to the poor. You may join this liturgy of the poor at
          anytime. You are welcome to join for all or part of these visit.
          Please contact us with your intentions. We want to make your visit
          to Romania filled with life changing memories.
          God be with you and Peace All Ways
          Pilgrim Tim
          An Unprofitable Servant
          Saint Philothea Project
          217-433-0827
        • Timothy Farrell
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 24 5:20 PM
            Dear Friends of Saint Philothea and her poor children.
            Greetings in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
            The beginning of the Great Fast is almost upon us. Our idle talk is
            about food and what we will miss during the fast.
            As you embark on this journey consider adding compassion on the poor,
            to your abstinence from rich food. Let good works repair the damage
            done by degradation of sin.
            Saint Philothea of Arges loved the church. She loved God who has
            compassion on the poor. She co-labored by sharing bread with the poor
            children. Now, she co-labors with God to provide for the people of
            Romania.
            Consider her example. At the age of twelve was crowned with
            martyrdom while helping the poor. God revealed her holiness in
            allowing her to choose the place her remains would repose. In the
            past 700 years her body has not decayed. Today, she see a continuos
            stream of people in Curtea de Arges, Romania. Her intercessions
            have brought rain and strengthen bodies and souls of the people who
            seek her assistance.

            Please consider Saint Philothea Project - Missions and Monasteries
            2009 as a steward of your gift to the poor.

            April 20 we will begin distributing your gifts to orphans and other
            poor. Father Nicolae Tanase and the 500 unaborted children scatter
            in families always welcome our material assistance. Bishop Andrei in
            Albal Iulia always appreciates our visit to his many (over 12)
            orphanages. Saint Philothea Project visits each orphanage to observe
            the loving care being giving to the children. During this initial
            visit we get a list of immediate needs at each house. Saint
            Philothea Project's ability to meet the need of these children we
            will see is dependent upon the generosity of the Orthodox People of
            America.

            Please send your gift to

            Saint Philothea Project
            2004 E. Whitmer St.
            Decatur Il 62521

            At this date we have a mere $900 to assist nearly 1000 orphans in
            Romania.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 11, 2012
              Saint Philothea Project
              2004 E. Whitmer St.
              Decatur IL 62521

              Dear Friends of Saint Philothea, Saint Theodore Tiron and the poor:

              Parishes from every jurisdiction and every part of the country and not a few individuals have decided to make packages for orphans and distressed children in Romania. Long Island NY, Washington State, Virginia, Illinois are the places represented so far. Please consider if you or the parish you serve are needing a Nativity Fast Almsgiving Project.
              Delivering Comfort
              and Warmth
              to Those In Need

              Teenage Boys

              Sizes XL, L, M, S, XS

              Underwear: Cotton Briefs
              T-Shirts: Cotton Undershirts
              Sport Socks: Poly/Cotton Blend Tube
              Sleepwear: Poly/Cotton Blend Tops & Bottoms
              Slippers/House Shoes

              Teenage Girls

              Sizes L, M, S, XS

              Underwear: Cotton Briefs
              T-Shirts: Cotton Undershirts
              Bras & Sport Bras: 100% Nylon
              Sport Socks: Poly/Cotton Blend Tube
              Sleepwear: Poly/Cotton Blend Tops & Bottoms
              Slippers/House Shoes

              Children & Infants

              Sizes 3-24 mos, 2T-6X, 7-14

              Underwear: Boys & Girls Briefs
              T-Shirts: White Cotton Undershirts
              Sport Socks: Poly Cotton Blend or 100% Cotton
              Sleepwear: Long Pant Pajamas, Poly/Cotton Blend

              Personal Items (anything travel sized)
              Icons small or paper
              Toothbrushes: Soft-Bristle individually Wrapped Adult & Child Sized
              Toothpaste: Fluoride Tube 2.75 oz., & Toddler Paste
              Comb & Brush: Personal Size
              Soap: Face & Body Bars, 1.5 oz.
              Shampoo/Conditioner: 4 oz.
              Moisture Lotion: 4-8 oz.

              Everything can be sent in Backpack, Rucksack, bag or box.