Bishop Augen Mar Divannasyos dies

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2007
      http://www.keralaonline.com/news/news.php?news=2951

      The Very Rev Augen Mar Divannasyos of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian
      Church dies in a road accident early today morning. He was travelling
      to Ponkunnam in Kottayam District in a Scorpio when a bus hit the
      car. He died on the spot. He was taken in an ambulance to Kottayam
      Medical College. He was the bishop of the Orthodox diocese in Idukki.
      He was ordained as a bishop on June 10 2004. He was 55 years old.

      Very Rev. Augen Ramban was the Manager and Vicar of Vallikkattu
      Dayara in Kottayam, Kerala. He was a veteran spiritual leader, and
      excellent speaker a perfect organizer and a born administrator of the
      Malankara Orthodox Church. Very Rev. Augen Ramban was born Vinoy
      Kurien. He was ordained as deacon in 1979 and Priesthood in 1980 by
      His Holiness Baselius Marthoma Mathews I, the Catholicos of the East
      and Malankara Metropolitan. In 1992, H.H. Baselius Marthoma Mathews
      II Catholicos elevated Fr. Zachariah Perangattu to the order of
      Ramban, in the name Augen, which was suggested by H.H. Baselius
      Marthoma Mathews I, the then Catholicos.

      He was a celebrated writer too. His first books is a travelogue
      which is entitled 'Marushadwalangaliloode' (through the Desert &
      Greenlands). 'Catholicatinte Nidhi' (The Treasure of Catholicate), a
      book which depicts the biography of the Second Catholicos of the
      church, 'Prathyasha' (Hope) etc. are some of his known books. A
      number of his articles are being published in various church
      publications. The unpublished daily notes of H.H. Baselius
      Geevarghese I and H.H's descriptions of the journey to Ceylon are now
      ready to be in print.