OBITUARY: Very Rev. Thomas P. Mundukuzhy

  • Rev Fr John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2007
      From: IndianOrthodox@yahoogroups.com

      OBITUARY

      Very Rev. Thomas P. Mundukuzhy, a stalwart and stanchion of Orthodox Church
      in American diocese, passed away at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 30th, 2007.
      He
      served as the Sunday School director for American diocese for a long time
      and
      one of the key players in nurturing our Sunday school children for the glory
      of
      our living Lord. He understood the difficulty for our children to attend and

      understand the worship which was solely in Malayalm. To solve this problem
      and
      bring the youngsters into the mainstream, he wrote many books as true
      translation or simply explaining the meanings and nature of our worship in
      English.
      Evening Prayer book summarized by Achen can be found in every Orthodox home
      in
      America. He traveled relentlessly throughout United States and Canada and
      worked fervently to promote the faith and values of our church early in the
      seventies and eighties. He devoted his life for the growth of our church in
      American
      diocese in general and for the Sunday School in particular. His departure to

      heavenly abode will be a great loss for our church but will glorify the
      paradise of our Lord.

      Funeral Arrangements are as follows.

      Palm Sunday service/Memorial service:
      Sunday, April, 1 at 9:30 a.m.