UOC-MP Orthodox Head Meets U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2007
      http://www.risu.org.ua/eng/news/article;14216/

      UOC-MP Orthodox Head Meets U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine

      13.02.2007, [11:37] // UOC-MP //

      Kyiv – At the ambassador’s request, Metropolitan
      Volodymyr (Sabodan), head of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church-Moscow Patriarchate (UOC-MP),
      received U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine William
      Taylor at his residence. During their meeting on
      9 February 2007 the hierarch told about church
      life in Ukraine and church-state relations.

      “I am happy that I have a chance to get to know
      more about religious life in Ukraine. This will
      help me realize the important role which the
      Ukrainian Orthodox Church plays in society. This
      has also been a great opportunity to visit such a
      beautiful and holy place like the Kyivan
      Monastery of the Caves. This is of vital
      spiritual importance for all Ukrainians. It was
      my pleasure to talk to His Beatitude today,” said Taylor.

      Taylor noted that Metropolitan Volodymyr is known
      abroad as a wise pastor, an outstanding
      theologian, a preacher, and a missionary. Also,
      he informed the head of the UOC-MP about the life
      of Ukrainians living in the United States.

      Source:

      • http://orthodox.org.ua/uk/node/1059