Finding a Spouse; Marraige are Feb. Themes for Come Receive the Light internet radiio [from SCOBA]

  • Teresa A. Polychronis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2007
      SCOBA
      The Standing Conference of the Canonical Orthodox Bishops in the Americas

      Come Receive the Light (CRTL) Monthly Program Schedule for February 2007
      [To listen on internet radio click on to: http://www.receive.org ]

      Schedule of Programs for February 2007 – THEME: Marriage

      02/04/07
      Topic: How to Find a Spouse
      Guest: Fr. Charles Joanides

      What is an ideal spouse and how do we find that ideal spouse? Fr. Chris welcomes back Fr. Charles Joanides who will share with us what we as Orthodox Christians can look for in finding that ideal spouse who we wish to share the rest of our lives with. Fr. Charles will emphasize that we should find someone who we are compatible with, have the same background, and have the same beliefs. He stresses that we should truly get to know that person before making that final commitment and not rush into a marriage and find out later something that you don’t like about your spouse. Be sure to tune in for an educational program for those who are seeking marriage.

      02/11/07
      Topic: What do I look for in a spouse?
      Guests: V. Rev. Fr. Don & Khouriya Maggie Hock

      Building on last week’s program, we welcome Fr. Don and Khouriya Maggie Hock to discuss the importance of how does one choose a spouse. Fr. Don and Khouriya Maggie discuss the elements which are important to look for when you are choosing your mate, for example are they committed and dedicated in building a relationship, do they share your same values and spiritual life, are you willing to work together and share in the same journey. However, shared faith practice is the key bonding of a successful long-term marriage. Tune in and see what more Fr. Don and Khouriya Maggie have to say about building a strong marriage until death do you part.

      02/18/07
      Topic: How do I continue to love my spouse throughout the years?
      Guests: Fr. Jim and Donna Pappas

      What does it take to continue to love your spouse throughout the years, through good times, bad times, sickness, and health? What is it that keeps the love flowing in a marriage and what do we need to do to sustain it? Be sure to tune in for spiritually uplifting program as Fr. Jim Presvytera Donna Pappas will share their thoughts with us.

      02/25/07
      Topic: Blissful Marriage- Is it possible today?
      Guests: V. Rev. Fr. Don & Khouriya Maggie Hock

      Fr. Don and Khouriya Maggie return, as they will speak this week on the possibility of truly having a Blissful Marriage.

      Subscribe to the Come Receive the Light e-newsletter at http://www.receive.org for a weekly inspirational message and the latest updates of upcoming programs.

      For More Information please contact:
      OCN - Orthodox Christian Network Sub Deacon Nicholas Tentzeras, Booking Director
      "Come Receive the Light" Radio Program SubDeaconNicholas@...
      P O BOX 4690 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33338-4690 1-888-211.4141