Archbishop: Our enemy is Ankara, not N. Cypriot Turks

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2007
      http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=20540

      Archbishop Chrysostomos II: Our enemy is Ankara, not N. Cypriot Turks
      08.01.2007 15:25 GMT+04:00

      /PanARMENIAN.Net/ The Archbishop of the Southern Cypriot Orthodox
      Church, Chrysostomos II, has said "Our enemies are not the Northern
      Cypriot Turks, but Ankara." Chrysostomos II, who will come together
      today in South Nicosia with the Northern Cypriot Minister of
      Religious Affairs, Ahmet Yonluer, has said that he will ask
      permission to carry out services in Orthodox churches found on the
      Northern Cypriot side of the island. In a statement to the Greek
      newspaper Kathimerini, Archbishop Chrysostomos II said he placed
      great importance on the meeting today with Yonluer, noting "During
      our meeting, I will stress that our real enemies in the invasion of
      our nation's land are not the Northern Cypriot Turks themselves, but
      Ankara," reports Hurriyet.