Russian Orthodox gain new base in Amsterdam

  • Rev Fr John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2006
      Ecumenical News International News Highlights

      Russian Orthodox gain new base in Amsterdam

      Warsaw (ENI). Russia's Orthodox church has bought a Roman Catholic church
      and monastery in the Netherlands and plans to turn them into the largest
      Orthodox complex outside Russia. "Many churches have had to close here,
      especially in suburban areas, and all kinds of things are happening to
      them," explained Pieter Kohnen, spokesperson for the Dutch Catholic Bishops'
      Conference.
      [349 words, ENI-06-1008]

      ENI Online - www.eni.ch
      Christmas greetings from ENI

      All the staff of Ecumenical News International would like to wish our
      readers, a blessed Christmas, and a peaceful 2007. We thank you for your
      support and readership. ENI's full service will resume on 2 January 2007.