Ethiopia: Patriarch Gives Awareness Raising Orientation to Over 250,000

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2006
      http://allafrica.com/stories/200612041128.html

      Ethiopia: Patriarch Gives Awareness Raising Orientation to Over 250,000

      The Ethiopian Herald (Addis Ababa)

      December 3, 2006
      Posted to the web December 4, 2006

      ENA
      Axum

      Patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and
      President of the World Council of Churches, His
      Holiness Abune Paulos gave an awareness raising
      orientation to over 250,000 people on HIV/AIDS in
      connection with the World AIDS Day in Axum.

      The Patriarch said, "We should join hands in
      realizing the Millennium Development Goals and preventing HIV/AIDS."

      He also said, "we should save the young productive generation from HIV/AIDS."

      His Holiness called on the youth to abstain from
      pre-marital sex, to value their culture and
      revere their parents to protect themselves from the disease.

      Copyright © 2006 The Ethiopian Herald.