OCA Representation in Russia: Holy Fire at St. Catherine's Church

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2004
      2004.04.02 OCA Representation in Russia:

      http://www.st-catherine.ru/en/news/0105.htm
      1994-2004    Celebrating 10 years of Representing the Orthodox Church of America to the Moscow Patriarchate

      The Holy Fire will be distributed at St. Catherine the Great Martyr Church

      April 2, 2004
      Thanks to the initiative of the Saint Andrew the First-Called Foundation in Moscow, St. Catherine the Great Martyr Church in Moscow will be a distribution point for the Orthodox faithful to receive the Holy Fire brought from Jerusalem on Pascha, 2004. The Holy Fire, coming from Jerusalem on Holy Saturday will be brought to Moscow via airplane and made available for the faithful to receive at St. Catherine Church by 11:30pm on Saturday, April 10th.

      Archimandrite Zacchaeus, the Representative of the Orthodox Church in America commented, "The faithful clergy and laity of our church consider this a great blessing of God on our parish, especially as we celebrate our Representation Church's 10th Anniversary this year. We are very thankful to the St. Andrew Foundation for their offer to make St. Catherine's a distribution point for the Holy Fire."
      Copyright © 2004 OCA Representation in Russia