"The Invisible Christians of the Holy Land"

  • emrys@globe.net.nz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2006
      From my favourite Catholic journalist in Rome...

      "The Invisible Christians of the Holy Land"

      They have come to Israel from Russia and Ukraine. They are more numerous
      than the members of the historical Churches, but they are not included in
      any tally.

      by Sandro Magister
      Go to...
      http://www.chiesa.espressonline.it/dettaglio.jsp?id=26006&eng=y

      ***
      http://www.interfax-religion.ru/print.php?act=news&id=5819

      Summary of article:

      Russian-speaking Orthodox believers today outnumber Orthodox Arabs in the
      Jerusalem Patriarchate -- according to Metropolitan Timothy, the Jerusalem
      patriarchate's Secretary General. Some statistics indicate 300,000 while
      others state no more than 150,000. In either case, they outnumber the Arab
      faithful.
      ***