FW: Armenian Church Alert -- Armenian Plane Crash

  • Rev Fr John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2006
      <http://www.armenianchurch.net> Armenian Church Alert

      Statement from Archbishop Khajag Barsamian, Primate of the Diocese of the
      Armenian Church of America (Eastern)

      It is with great sorrow we learn today of the crash of an Armenian Armavia
      passenger jet in the Black Sea, just south of the Russian city of Sochi. We
      pray for the souls of the 113 people lost, the Armenians and non-Armenians.
      May they be embraced by God's love in His heavenly Kingdom.

      We send our prayers to the hundreds of family and friends in Yerevan who are
      mourning their lost loved ones and weeping for hopeful futures cut
      tragically short. May the everlasting light of Christ give them comfort in
      this time of sorrow.

      I ask all faithful in the Diocese to join our brothers and sisters in the
      Republic of Armenia by observing Friday, May 5, 2006, as a day of mourning.

      With prayers,
      Archbishop Khajag Barsamian
      Primate

      _____

      Diocese of the Armenian Church of America (Eastern)
      www.armenianchurch.net