Dome & cross erected on Orthodox church in rome

  • Nina_Dimas_42
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      http://www.interfax.ru/e/B/politics/28.html?id_issue=11490039

      Mar 31 2006 9:06PM

      Dome and cross erected on Orthodox church in Rome

      ROME. March 31 (Interfax) - The cross and dome of the Russian
      Orthodox Church of Saint Catherine, currently under construction in
      Rome, were consecrated and installed on Friday.

      The ceremony was conducted by Deputy Head of the Moscow
      Patriarchate's External Church Relations Department Egorievsk
      Archbishop Mark and Russian Ambassador to Italy Alexei Meshkov also
      took part in the ceremony.

      "The Russian church is not far away from St. Peter's Cathedral. It
      symbolizes the joint testimony of the Orthodox and Catholic churches
      in the face of the challenges of our time. Our churches are
      confirming eternal Christian values in the Eternal City," Archbishop
      Mark said in an interview with Interfax.