Head Of Orthodox Church In Rk Congratulates Kazakhstan On Xmas

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2006
      2006.01.06 Kazakhstan today:
      HEAD OF ORTHODOX CHURCH IN RK CONGRATULATES KAZAKHSTAN ON XMAS

      [09:15] 05/01/2006, Kazakhstan today
      http://www.gazeta.kz/eng/art.asp?aid=69545

      Mephodius, metropolitan of Astana and Almaty, congratulated
      Kazakhstani people on the forthcoming Orthodox Christmas at a press
      conference in Astana yesterday, January 4, KZ-today correspondent
      reports.

      "I would like to wish peaceful and prosperous life in our country to
      all Kazakhstani people," - the head of Orthodox Church in RK said.

      Metropolitan Mephodius said that in the night from 6 to 7 January a
      Christmas Mass will take place in the St. Ascension Cathedral of
      Almaty.

      According to the metropolitan, Alexius II, patriarch of Moscow and
      All Russia, had approved the fact that "the Christmas was declared a
      holiday in Kazakhstan. My colleagues from CIS also perceived that
      news with great joy. President Nazarbayev realises that it is a
      spiritual component of life and development of our society, without
      which it cannot be harmonious and complete," - he stressed.

      Nursultan Nazarbayev, president of Kazakhstan, inked the draft law
      "On changes and amendments in the law 'On labour'," as per which the
      first day of Qurban Ait and the Orthodox Christmas become official
      days-off Friday, December 30.