Unity between Christian Churches - Inevitable - KCBC

  • Fr John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2005
      Wed, 07 Dec 2005
      From: SOCM News Bureau

      Unity between Christian Churches - Inevitable - KCBC

      Members of the Bishops Conference held at Paalarivattom POC under
      sponsorship of KCBC; expressed their earnest view that the unity between all
      Christian Churches is very necessary and inevitable and it is the need of
      the hour. The Conference was attended by around 30 Bishops of various
      denominations.

      In the Conference, presided by Major Archbishop Cardinal Mar Varkey
      Vithayathil, of Syro Malabar Church, he said that the members of all
      Churches are the children of God and with that vision, all should work for
      the said unity.

      Photo
      http://groups.msn.com/SOCM-FORUM/newsecumenical.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoI
      D=159 (Source- Deepika Daily)

      Mor Baselious Marthoma Didimos I of Malankara Orthodox Church; said in his
      inaugural address that all churches should advance with mutual understanding
      and co-operation. Mutual trust is the most important aspect to proceed at
      this difficult time of religious extremism, intolerance, and terrorism. He
      pointed out that Unity is Strength; Churches should not forget his.

      Mor Baselious Thomas I, Catholicos of the Malankara Jacobite Syriac Orthodox
      Church said in his Title Address of the Conference, that the Unity of
      Churches is possible only through the one-ness in Jesus Christ. The present
      atmosphere in our country is most adverse and affecting the existence of the
      Christian Churches. There is a big threat from the negative forces in our
      activities in the fields of Medical care and public education services. We
      have to join together and go ahead in unity to change this situation.

      The principal attendants of the Conference were; Archbishop Mar Joseph
      Pawathil, Philiphose Mar Chrisostem Metropolitan of MarThoma Syrian Church,
      Bishop Thomas Samuel, Mar Aprem Mookkan and Archbishop Dr. Daniel
      Acharuparambil.

      Dr. Vincent Kundukulam and Prof. E.J.John presented Thesis

      SOCM NEWS BUREAU - KOCHI