WE WILL NEVER BE THE SECOND VATICAN

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2005
      2005.12.02 Turkish Press:
      From: "Victor Sokolov" <vsokolov@...> Add to Address BookAdd to
      Address Book Add Mobile Alert
      Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 19:12:11 -0800

      WE WILL NEVER BE THE SECOND VATICAN

      Fener Greek Orthodox Patriarch Barholomeos strongly rejected the claims
      that, ''the patriarchate wants to set up a state within the state and wants
      to be a second Vatican''. Bartholomeos said, ''It is against the
      regulations of the Orthodox church to become a political power. We will
      reject such a thing even if the Turkish Republic makes us such a proposal.
      There are 3 thousand Greek Orthodoxs in Istanbul, and you say we will
      occupy Istanbul and set up Vatican? Don't make me laugh.''

      SABAH (LIBERAL)