Fw: Appeal for the Plight of Christians in Indonesia!!

  • Teresa A. Polychronis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      From: Daniel Bambang Dwibyantoro
      Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 11:24 PM
      Subject: Appeal for the Plight of Christians in Indonesia!!
      Please Forward this Appeal to as many people as possible

      Fr Daniel Byantoro, The Indonesian Orthodox Church

      STOP VIOLENCE IN POSO!

      LET THERE BE PEACE, NOW!

      Appeal of Poso Morowali Watch and Poso People in Jakarta

      To United Nations General Secretary, His Excellency Kofi Annan

      And Open Letter to the international society those believe on peace struggle.

      His Excellency and all brother and sister around the world,

      On last Saturday, 29 October 2005, there were 3 girls murdered by 6 unidentify people. The assassination was done during the peaceful Saturday in Poso, within our observance of Dissarmed Week of United Nations. The victims, Theresia Morangkir (15 years old), Alfita Poliwo (17 years old) and Yarni Sambue (15 years old), are a student of Poso Christian High School, whose walked to school in the morning. They were wear girls-scout uniform, killed, mutilated and all of their head was put on the other side of the city. This violence actions and terror was disturbed the conflict resolution and all the reconciliation process within Poso society during 3 years after conflict. We was indicated that the ignorance and sustain conflict actions by Indonesian Government, Indonesian Police and Army, have been giving chance to many groups to still maintain this long-term conflict. From this reasons, we conclude that Indonesian Government, Indonesian Police and Army, should responsible for human rights violation in Poso.

      Based on this conclusion we appeal you as following below:

      a.. We call international society to considerate and decide some political policy to send and located a Peace Keeping Force, to save the common life of Poso society until peaceful situation in Poso.
      a.. We call international society to considerate and declare one resolution to giving peace chance within Poso society, through international pressure and sanction to Indonesian Government, Indonesian Police and Army, those done human rights violation in Poso.
      a.. We call international society to considerate and doing some action to monitoring and
      evaluation the peace process in Poso, also send more humanitarian aid to the refugee in Tentena, Palu and Manado.

      WE SHALL OVERCOME!

      Jakarta, 31 October 2005

      Bernard Ndawu Prama 'Artha SL Pode

      Coordinator Secretary

      Archimandrite Fr Daniel Bambang Dwi Byantoro
      The Indonesian Orthodox Church