President of Serbian National Council resigns

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2004
      2004.03.04 B92:

      President of Serbian National Council resigns
      | 20:56 | Beta

       GRACANICA -- Wednesday - Bishop Artemije of Raska and Prizren has resigned as president of the Serbian National Council of Kosovo, citing abuse of the organisation by certain Council members in public appearances.

      "Certain members of the Council have lately given frequent statements on behalf of the Council without my knowledge and without consulting me as president," said Artemije in his written resignation.
      Sources close to the Orthodox Church in Kosovo said that the resignation came after disagreements between Artemije and Council members Rada Trajkovic, Randjel Nojkic and Dragan Velic.