Orthodox (UAOC-S) Metropolitan Moisei Comments on His Suspension

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 4:12 PM
      http://www.risu.org.ua/article.php?sid=1194&l=en

      Orthodox (UAOC-S) Metropolitan Moisei Comments on His Suspension

      03.01.04 (RISU.org.ua) – Kyiv -- Metropolitan Moisei of the Ukrainian
      Autocephalous Orthodox Church-Sobornopravna (UAOC-S) in Ukraine, who was
      stripped of his bishop’s title and suspended from his duties by hierarchs
      of the UAOC-S in the diaspora, headed by Metropolitan Stefan, has released
      a letter commenting on his suspension. The text of Metropolitan Moisei’s
      letter was posted on the Ukrainian RISU site on 27 February 2004.

      “After such an inadequate statement by Metropolitan Mykhailo, which he
      posted on his Internet site, I have begun to receive letters of support
      from canonical hierarchs of the UAOC from all parts of the world. From them
      I have learned that Metropolitan Stefan (Petrovych) uncanonically occupies
      the position of the major hierarch of the UAOC in the USA, because he
      undertook these great duties without any blessing from the Synod of the
      Ukrainian Orthodox Hierarchs of the Diaspora. Due to this, a long-lasting
      conflict broke out between him and the real canonically-elected major
      hierarch of the UAOC in the USA, Metropolitan Oleksii (Alexis Nizza),”
      reads Metropolitan Moisei’s letter.

      Metropolitan Moisei also asserted that in 2000, Metropolitan Oleksii ceased
      communion with Metropolitan Stefan and all the other hierarchs that belong
      to his church structure.

      In addition, Metropolitan Moisei noted that he possesses the title of
      Metropolitan of Kyiv and all Rus-Ukraine, major hierarch of the UAOC.

      “On 12 October 2002, when the Lord gave me the honor to receive canonical
      ordination in the line of St. Peter the Apostle, I received a greeting from
      Metropolitan Oleksii, major hierarch and head of the Synod of the UAOC, who
      appointed me as metropolitan, archbishop of Kyiv and major hierarch of the
      UAOC in Ukraine. That is why, for the sake of the development of the true
      UAOC in Ukraine, I have no intention of hiding my canonical appointment in
      Ukraine as metropolitan of Kyiv and all Rus-Ukraine, the major hierarch of
      the UAOC,” continues the metropolitan’s letter.

      “As the head of the UAOC-S in Ukraine I must state that the canonical
      hierarchs in the diaspora who have sent me their spiritual support, and
      also the hierarchs, clergy and faithful of our UOAC-S in Ukraine, are
      seriously concerned by and dissatisfied with the statement of metropolitans
      Stefan and Mykhail. They express their desire to cease communion with a
      tiny group of hierarchs, headed by Metropolitan Stefan, who violated the
      canons and etiquette of interchurch communication, interfere in the
      activity of a different jurisdiction of an independent church, and conduct
      anti-Christian work to undermine the renewal of the canonical UAOC in
      Ukraine,” reads the letter of Metropolitan Moisei.

      Source: www.Soborna.org