Antelias: His Holiness Aram I helps the Ethiopians of Lebanon build their first church

  • Fr. John-Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2005
      Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:00 PM
      From: "Catholicosate of Cilicia" <cathcil@...>
      To: "Armenian News Network" <groong@...>

      PRESS RELEASE
      Catholicosate of Cilicia
      Communication and Information
      Department Contact: V. Rev. Fr. Krikor Chiftjian, Communications Officer

      Tel: (04) 410001, 410003Fax: (04) 419724E- mail: cathcil@...:
      http://www.cathcil.org/ PO Box 70 317Antelias-Lebanon

      ARAM I HELPS THE ETHIOPIANS OF LEBANON BUILD THEIR FIRST CHURCH

      Antelias, Lebanon - His Holiness Aram I, Catholicos of Cilicia, has
      contributed to the church-building efforts of the Ethiopian community of
      Lebanon. The community will soon construct its first church in the Ainaar
      village, located in Mount Lebanon. The land was registered as a property of
      the Catholicosate of Cilicia.

      His Holiness Patriarch Abouna Paulos, the Head of the Ethiopian Orthodox
      Church, had visited the Catholicosate two years ago and asked Aram I to
      assist the Ethiopian Community of Lebanon. Upon his request, Catholicos Aram
      I closely followed the religious activities of the community during the last
      two years. The Ethiopian Patriarch's visit has paved the way for continual
      cooperation between the Catholicosate of Cilicia and the Ethiopian Orthodox
      Church.

      ##

      The Armenian Catholicosate of Cilicia is one of the two Catholicosates of
      the Armenian Orthodox Church. For detailed information about the Ecumenical
      activities of the Cilician Catholicosate, you may refer to the web page of
      the Catholicosate, http://www.cathcil.org/ The Cilician Catholicosate, the
      administrative center of the church is located in Antelias, Lebanon.