New Resources for GOAA Outreach & Evangelism

  • Fr. John-Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
      January 31, 2005
      Contact: Fr. James W. Kordaris, Director
      Department of Outreach & Evangelism
      Tel. 646/519-6160 Fax. 646/519-6166
      Email: outreach@...
      Web site: www.outreach.goarch.org

      NEW RESOURCE FOR OUTREACH & EVANGELISM
      "OUTREACH & EVANGELISM: Some Practical Steps"

      The Department of Outreach & Evangelism of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese
      of America announces the release of a new booklet titled, "Outreach &
      Evangelism: Some Practical Steps", a guide to outreach and evangelism in
      the parish. These practical steps are based upon the personal experiences
      of parish priests and laypeople active in the ministries and administration
      of the parish, and draw upon the wealth of literature and research dealing
      with the important issues and aspects of outreach and evangelism in our
      parishes. This booklet offers ideas for improving our outreach to inactive
      Orthodox, inquirers, visitors, non-Orthodox spouses, people with
      disabilities and more.

      Fr. James Kordaris, Director of the Department of Outreach & Evangelism
      stated, "We hope that this booklet will be a tool for discussion in parish
      councils, local Philoptochos chapters, outreach committees, and among all
      concerned Orthodox Christians. We pray that these practical steps will lead
      to action in our parishes that will bring many more people to the fullness
      of Truth in the Orthodox Christian Church."

      To obtain copies of this booklet of practical steps, contact the Department
      by email (outreach@...), telephone (646/519-6160) or fax
      (646/519-6166). Price is $2 per copy including shipping and handling.
      Numerous additional resources are available on the Department web site at
      www.outreach.goarch.org.

      The Archdiocesan Department of Outreach & Evangelism was established by
      Archbishop Demetrios of America in January 2003 "?to bring the Gospel of
      our Lord to all those within the boundaries of our Archdiocese of America
      who thirst to know The Way, The Truth and The Life." The mission of the
      Department of Outreach & Evangelism is to revitalize the faith of active
      Orthodox, reach out to inactive Orthodox Christians, meet the needs of
      those inquiring about the Orthodox faith, offer tools for parish renewal,
      and offer guidance in the establishment of new parishes.