St Dimitrie Newsletter

  • Teresa A, Polychronis
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      From: Floyd Frantz
      stdimitrieproject@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 8:57 AM

      Dear Friends of the St. Dimitrie Project,

      Greetings from the North Pole. Well, not quite, but it is getting
      colder over here. Cluj is on the same lattitude as Minniapolis, so
      it
      feels like it is close to the North Pole. Well, for a guy from
      Kansas it seems that way. The native Romanians don't seem to mind it
      very much.

      We are progressing with our Christmas plans. The appeal for tennis
      shoes has been a success, and I thank you all for that. Fr. Liviu in
      Sanpaul has been getting boxes from all over, and we are planning to
      give them to the kids in Sanpaul a few days before Christmas. If any
      arrive later, we'll just have two Christmas parties over there.
      Also, we have been getting hats, scarves, gloves and other much
      needed items for the tuburculosis hospital in Savadisla. We will
      have two Christmas parties, one in Sanpaul with the kids, and
      another one in Savadisla, with the Tb patients.

      Craig and Victoria Goodwin shared some of their "shoe boxes" with us
      also, and we are going to give those to a doctor in Sanpaul to give
      to the village kids who come in sick during the holiday season. For
      those of you who don't know Craig and Vic, they are fellow OCMC
      missionaries who are running a home for abandoned babies here in
      Cluj. If you are interested in their work, go to the OCMC home page
      www.ocmc.org and you will find an artical about them. (Well, about
      myself also.)

      Our addictions program is plugging along. The new drop in
      center, "Contact Point", is being used by the local recovery group
      as we had hoped for. Fewer of them are working due to the weather,
      and we are getting a few new one's in also. If we outgrow this
      place, we will just start another one in the Spring.

      Also, we have been doing quite a lot of training lately, which has
      been keeping me busy.

      That is about it for now. Please forgive me for not writing more
      often on this newsletter. I hope to do better over the next few
      months.

      Drop me a line if you have time, I always enjoy hearing from folks
      back home. Please use stdimitrie@... as my email address for
      now. I have a serious virus on my computer, and will be needing to
      use web based email for awhile.

      By the way, just note. I opened a file from someone that I did not
      know yesterday, and now I am having some very serious problems. I
      did not believe in the warnings about viruses, but do now. My Norton
      found three new viruses, but I am still sending out more bites than
      I can recieve. I'll clean it up before sending out any mail from
      that computer.

      In His Love,
      One day at a time,
      Floyd