Ecumenical Patriarch tells UK Catholics of delight at Pope's gesture

  • Fr. John-Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2004
      Ecumenical Patriarch tells UK Catholics of delight at Pope's gesture

      Istanbul (ENI). Leaders of the Roman Catholic Church in Britain say they are
      happy the Ecumenical Patriarch - the spiritual leader of Orthodox
      Christians - has spoken of his "great delight" at Pope John Paul II's
      gesture whereby the remains of two of Christianity's most important saints
      are to be returned to Istanbul from the Vatican at the end of this month.
      "We praise the Pope for his courage and willingness to promote dialogue
      between Christians in the East and the West and it is my deepest hope that
      he will visit us soon," Patriarch Bartholomeos I of Constantinople said at
      his Istanbul headquarters, to a group of more than 30 visiting Catholics and
      others from Britain. [474 words, ENI-04-0735]

      Ecumenical News International
      News Highlights
      ENI Online - www.eni.ch