Conversation of the Angels edited by Archim. Iakinf (Bichurin), Beijing, 1810
Conversation of the Angels
Edited by Archimandrite Iakinf (Bichurin), Beijing, 1810
A jpg scan is made available of the original copy located under Libri sin. 242 at Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Preußischer Kulturbesitz (Berlin State Library - Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation, Germany). Another copy also exist under call number 3В 2-4 145 0 at the Russian State Library.
This abridged 1810 edition of the Mandarin Chinese catechesis "Conversation of the Angels" by the Jesuit Francesco Brancati (1607-1671) was edited by Fr Iakinf to conform to Orthodox Christian teaching when he was head of the ninth Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in China (1807-1821).
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Six tenets of the doctrine of the Holy Church.
- Chapter 2. On the essence of Orthodox teaching of the Holy Church, in question and answer format.
- Chapter 3. Concerning the Ten Commandments of the Lord, in question and answer format.
- Chapter 4. Explanation of the Lord's Prayer.
- Chapter 5. Concerning Church regulations.
Volunteers are need to transcribe or OCR into electronic text which allows it to be searchable. If you are interested in helping with this initiative or sponsoring other scanning projects, contact infochina @ orthodox.cn.