If Kosovo is the price, than we say Thank You but No Thank you to EU – Irinej

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2013
      http://inserbia.info/news/2013/11/if-kosovo-is-the-price-than-we-say-thank-you-but-no-thank-you-to-eu-irinej/

      Published On: Sat, Nov 9th, 2013
      If Kosovo is the price, than we say Thank You but No Thank you to EU –
      Irinej

      The head of the Serbian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Irinej, said that
      Serbia can not give up on Kosovo, and if the price for the entry into
      Europe is losing Kosovo, then, he said, we would rather be out of Europe.

      “If the price of entry to Europe is to secede Kosovo then we have to say
      ‘thank you but no thank you’ to Europe. We prefer to stay alone without
      Europe, if it must be, but with our Kosovo,” said the Patriarch Irinej
      receiving, at the Patriarchate, the participants of international
      Pan-European conference on human and religious rights.

      The Patriarch said that Serbia can not give up Kosovo and that
      international community must find a solution because “if we managed to
      live three centuries with Siptars, why couldn’t we live together today.”

      Kosovo is our history, culture, our spirituality, the patriarch said and
      urged the international community to allow the Serb refugees to return
      to Kosovo.