Russian Foreign Ministry: About 50,000 Syrian Christians to apply for Russian Citizenship

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2013
      About 50,000 Syrian Christians to apply for Russian citizensip -- Foreign Ministry

      Some 50,000 Syrian Christians fearing that the West-backed terrorists seek to eliminate the centuries-old Christian presence in Syria are planning to apply for Russian citizenship, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement posted on its website on Wednesday.

      “As the Syrian laws allow dual citizenship, we chose to apply for the citizenship of the Russian Federation, if it’s possible. This would be an honor to every Syrian Christian seeking to obtain it,” a group of Christians from the Kalamoun area near Damascus wrote in a letter to the Russian Foreign Ministry.
      “Of the 50,000 people – medics, engineers, lawyers and businessmen – ready to put their signatures under this address, no one wants to flee their homes. We have everything necessary, we are not begging for money,” the letter says.
      Sending
      Send
      Saved at 9:10 AM