Celebration of the Hawaiian Iveron Icon

  • jonbrian chorus.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2013
      From: subjono@... <subjono@...>
      Date: Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM

      [image: image002.jpg]
      With the blessing of His Eminence, Archbishop Kyrill of **San Francisco**,
      the Miracleworking �Hawaiian� Iveron Icon of the Theotokos is being brought
      to ****San Francisco****�s Holy Virgin Russian Orthodox Cathedral, �Joy of
      All Who Sorrow� on October 5th and 6th, 2013. This special occasion marks
      the 6thanniversary of the miraculous appearance of myrrh streaming forth
      from the Holy Iveron Icon in ****Hawaii****. ****

      The �Hawaiian� Iveron Icon, a copy of the myrrh-streaming Montreal Icon,
      was found giving myrrh on October 6, 2007 in a small apartment in ****
      Honolulu**, **Hawaii****. Later, the Holy Icon was recognized by the
      Russian Orthodox Church as miraculous and worthy of veneration. Since
      that time, it has been a great source of healings and cures, both physical
      and spiritual, and has brought forth much comfort to the suffering faithful.
      ****

      Please come to great the Mother of God, mystically present wherever this
      Icon goes. Bring your cares and heartaches to our heavenly mother, and may
      she help you by interceding for us to her Son, Our Glorious Lord, God and
      Savior Jesus Christ.****

      Following the celebration, we do not anticipate a return of the Holy Icon
      to ****San Francisco**** until next year.****

      *The services scheduled are as follows:*

      Holy Virgin Russian Orthodox Cathedral <http://www.sfsobor.com/>****

      6210 Geary Blvd****

      ****San Francisco****, CA. 94121****

      (415) 221-3255****

      *Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013*

      5:50pm, Arrival of the Holy Icon to the Cathedral****

      6:00pm, All-Night Vigil and anointing with myrrh that streams from the Icon.
      ****

      *Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013*

      6:30am, Arrival of the Holy Icon****

      7:30am, early Divine Liturgy****

      9:30am, Arrival of the Archbishop and Hierarchical Divine Liturgy. ****

      The Iveron Icon is scheduled to depart at 12:00noon.****

      With the blessing of Archbishop Kyrill, and with the kind permission of the
      Icon�s guardian, a special collection will be taken up during the Icon�s
      visit for the over 100,000 victims of the great flooding in ****Russia****�s
      far eastern region.****

      Please visit: www.racssf.org for more information.****