St. Vladimir’s expands Byzantine music program, offers public course

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2013
      August 28, 2013
      St. Vladimir’s expands Byzantine music program, offers public course

      YONKERS, NY [SVOTS Communications]

      “More than a third of our alumni are in jurisdictions that use Byzantine
      music,” noted Archpriest Dr. Chad Hatfield, Chancellor/CEO at Saint
      Vladimir’s Seminary here. “In order to serve the Church and our
      students preparing for service in these ecclesial settings, we are
      fortifying our Byzantine music course offerings and chapel music
      repertoire for the 2013–2014 Academic Year.

      “We are particularly blessed that Mr. Rassem El Massih has joined our
      faculty as Lecturer in Liturgical Music,” continued Father Chad.
      “Instructor El Massih is a renowned Church musician who will be teaching
      ‘Introduction to Byzantine Chant.’”

      Read Mpre:

      http://oca.org/news/headline-news/st.-vladimirs-expands-byzantine-music-program-offers-public-course