Patriarch Filaret Does Not Hold Any Grudges Against Current UOC-MP Head

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2013
      http://risu.org.ua/en/index/all_news/confessional/orthodox_relations/52641/

      Patriarch Filaret Does Not Hold Any Grudges Against Current UOC-MP Head

      The head of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Kyivan Patriarchate (UOC-KP)
      has repeatedly spoken critically of the Russian Orthodox Church and the
      Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Moscow Patriarchate, but he does not say
      anything offensive about Metropolitan Volodymyr (Slobodan), Primate of
      the UOC-MP.

      “A long time ago I removed from my heart the grudges I had against His
      Beatitude Volodymyr. When we meet, we feel fine. I do at least. We
      haven’t had a chance to sit together for tea because he is forbidden
      from meeting with me. But I would like to,” Patriarch Filaret said in an
      interview to RISU.

      “At other times, of course, it was different. Once upon a time it was
      difficult to forgive. Now it is easier. With age, it is always easier to
      do. One understands that unless one forgives, one will not enter the
      kingdom of heaven. As Christ said, if you do not forgive others their
      sins, your Father will not forgive your sins,” notes the UOC-KP hierarch.

      Please note that the UOC-MP recently celebrated the 21st anniversary of
      the Kharkiv Council, which was Metropolitan Filaret (Denysenko) was
      removed from the position of the Primate, and Metropolitan Volodymyr
      (Slobodan) was elected in his place.