Man Sues Israel, Italy for Death of Christ

  • Rdr James
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2013
      http://www.jpost.com/International/Kenyan-lawyer-takes-State-of-Israel-Jews-to-Hague-over-Jesus-death-321555

      A Kenyan lawyer has filed a petition with the International Court of Justice in The Hague, suggesting that the trial and crucifixion of Jesus Christ was unlawful, and the State of Israel among others should be held responsible, Kenyan news outlet the Nairobian reported on Friday.

      Dola Indidis, a lawyer and former spokesman of the Kenyan Judiciary is reportedly attempting to sue Tiberius (emperor of Rome, 42 BCE-37 CE), Pontius Pilate, a selection of Jewish elders, King Herod, the Republic of Italy and the State of Israel. . . .

      "I filed the case because it's my duty to uphold the dignity of Jesus and I have gone to the ICJ to seek justice for the man from Nazareth," Indidis told the Nairobian. "His selective and malicious prosecution violated his human rights through judicial misconduct, abuse of office bias and prejudice."

      Indidis apparently named the states of Italy and Israel in the lawsuit because upon the attainment of independence, the two states incorporated the laws of the Roman Empire, those in force at the time of the crucifixion. . . .

      "I am suing as a friend," he said.

      Indidis insisted on the validity of his case, saying "I know with a matter of fact and truth we have a good case with a high probability of success and I hope it is done in my lifetime."

      When asked about the case, an official from the ICJ told legal news website Legal Cheek, "The ICJ has no jurisdiction for such a case. The ICJ settles disputes between states. It is not even theoretically possible for us to consider this case."