Patriarch: Orthodox faith is cornerstone of integration

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2013
      http://news.belta.by/en/news/president?id=722081

      Patriarch: Orthodox faith is cornerstone of integration

      29.07.2013 16:08

      MINSK, 29 July (BelTA) - The Orthodox faith is a spiritual force that is
      the foundation of human life and must be at the heart of integration,
      Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill said at the meeting with
      Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko and primates of the Local
      Orthodox Churches, BelTA learned.

      Patriarch Kirill noted that the celebration of the 1025th anniversary of
      the baptism of Kievan Russia is a unique event. According to him, the
      mood of people during the celebration of the 1000th anniversary of the
      baptism of Russia was different. He noted that great changes have taken
      place in Belarus for the past 25 years. “Today we all are different.
      Those who 25 years ago could only dream about it, today can witness that
      the Orthodox faith is a spiritual force that has become the foundation
      of not only personal and family life, but the lives of the nations,”
      said the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia.

      “The spiritual foundation that was laid 1025 years ago is common to all
      the nations - the heirs of Prince Vladimir, Kievan Russia; this common
      ground is the most important thing that should be the basis of our
      cooperation, our integration. We believe that if that foundation is the
      cornerstone of our integration, if this foundation is the pillar for the
      "building" of the future, it will not be washed away by showers and
      destroyed by earthquakes. This "building" will stand the test of time,”
      Patriarch Kirill said.