Official statement from the Committee of the Syrian Orthodox Patriarchate concerning the two Archbishops Yohanna Ibrahim and Boulous Yazigi

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2013
      http://marthoman.tv/?p=6546

      Official statement from the Committee of the Syrian Orthodox
      Patriarchate concerning the two Archbishops Yohanna Ibrahim and Boulous
      Yazigi
      July 29, 2013 - Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch, World Church News

      “One hundred days since the abduction of the two Archbishops
      Yohanna Ibrahim and Boulous Yazigi

      On Monday, April 22, 2013, which has become known to everyone, His
      Eminence Archbishop Mar Gregorios Yohanna Ibrahim of the Syrian Orthodox
      and Boulous Yazigi of the Greek Orthodox church were kidnapped at the
      hands of an unknown group near the Turkish-Syrian border between Aleppo
      and Antioch.

      The two sister churches have publicly and in private and continue today
      to exert every effort at local, regional and global levels. These
      efforts concentrated on all types of communication with honorable
      ministers, members of parliament, ambassadors, their holiness patriarchs
      and their graces archbishops and bishops and extending the communication
      channels to include the United Nationsand many other stakeholders and
      friends, as the two churches pursued every opportunity that was proposed
      by the loving friends and left no stone unturned to secure their release
      which to date has not eventuated.

      We note with utmost surprise how small and big states have shown their
      ignorance when it came to this serious and dangerous event.
      Today, on the occasion of the centenary day of this inhumane absence and
      unethical handling of two Archbishops that represent the love of God and
      serve the people of every religion and national affiliation, especially
      humanitarian organizations working in the service of human beings.

      The kidnappers have not indicated the whereabouts of the two Archbishops
      and have not announced their identity and what are their demands or the
      purpose behind their inhuman act. The two Archbishops are in captivity
      and their will is being suppressed and suffer from medical conditions
      that need to be addressed due to their age.

      We, as a committee of the Patriarchate represent the Syrian Orthodox
      Church in line with the order and guidance of His Holiness Mar Ignatius
      Zakka I Iwas, who entrusted to us the task of following up the case of
      the two kidnapped Archbishops in constant coordination with the
      Patriarchate of the Greek Orthodox Church. We appeal to the
      international community on various levels and in every place to work
      with us to facilitate the work of our committee and the friends of the
      two Archbishop who seek to spread peace and tranquility all over the
      world, and emphasize that any service provided to this committee is a
      service to God and humanity, remembering the words of our Lord and
      Savior Jesus Christ: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be
      called sons of God. (Mathew 5:9)

      This is an appeal from the hearts of friends and family and all people
      of pure conscience and people of goodwill thanking in advance all those
      who cooperated and sought to help materialize the will of God in this
      world providing freedom to the kidnapped Archbishops and all other
      hostages, so they may return to their churches and their people and to
      the civil society to which we all belong.