Kyiv and Moscow Patriarchates to unite

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2013
      http://en.for-ua.com/news/2013/07/26/141631.html

      26 July 2013 | 14:16

      Kyiv and Moscow Patriarchates to unite

      Ukrainian Orthodox Churches of Kyiv and Moscow Patriarchates will merge
      into a single local Orthodox church, head of the Ukrainian Orthodox
      Church of Kyiv Patriarchate Filaret said, ForUm correspondent reports.

      "We believe and are convinced that the Kyiv and Moscow Patriarchates
      will unite in a local Orthodox church. The reasons for this are - we are
      not enemies, and those kisses that were (at the time of greetings at the
      opening ceremony of the exhibition "The Great and Majestic. - Ed.) are a
      sign of the future union. Time will come when we will minister together,
      and belong to the same Ukrainian church," he said.

      However, Filaret did not say when the Churches will unite.