Putin: ROC is a partner & co-worker in addressing challenges

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25 6:53 AM

      [Google translation; Russian] http://www.mk.ru/politics/russia/news/2013/07/25/889752-putin-nazval-rpts-partnerom-i-sorabotnikom-v-reshenii-vnutrennih-i-mezhdunarodnyih-zadach.html

      Putin called the ROC partner and co-worker, in addressing domestic and international challenges

      The state and the Russian Orthodox Church act as a true partner and fellow workers in addressing pressing domestic and international problems of Russia, Russian President Vladimir Putin at a meeting with the Chairman and the heads of delegations of local Orthodox churches.

      "It is important that the new level of developing state-church relations. We act as a true partner and fellow workers in addressing the most pressing domestic and international challenges in the development of joint ventures for the benefit of our country and our people," - said Putin.

      The president said today, when people are in search of moral support, millions of Russians see them in religion, trusting in this "word to the wise pastoral Russian Orthodox Church."

      "Her selfless social service, educational highly in demand, as a public authority and peacekeeping efforts aimed at strengthening the harmony and stability, the restoration of the historic ties between the nations, with our compatriots abroad," - said the head of state.
      Undo edits
      Alpha