+Kirill meets w + Tikhon

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2013
      https://mospat.ru/ru/2013/07/22/news88899/
      &
      http://www.patriarchia.ru/db/text/3115901.html%c2%a0

      The meeting of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill with His Beatitude Metropolitan of All America and Canada Tikhon
      July 22, 2013 23:29

      July 22, 2013 at the Patriarchal Residence St. Daniel Monastery hosted a meeting of Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill Beatitude Metropolitan of All America and Canada Tikhon , who arrived within the territory of the Russian Church to participate in the celebrations of the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Rus.

      Metropolitan Tikhon was accompanied by Chairman of the Office of the Orthodox Church in America for Foreign Affairs and Interchurch Relations bishop of Toledo, Alexander, Chancellor Archpriest John Dzhillions, a representative of the Orthodox Church in America to the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, Archimandrite Alexander (Pihach), a clergyman of the Moscow Representation of the Orthodox Church in America Deacon Cyril Dotsenko cleric and Canadian Diocese Deacon Jesse Ayzak.

      On the part of the Russian Orthodox Church was represented by the chairman of the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate , Metropolitan Hilarion , Bishop Krasnoslobodski and Temnikov Clement , deputy chairman of the DECR, Archpriest Nikolai Balashov , DECR secretary for inter-Orthodox relations, Archpriest Igor Yakimchuk, a representative of the World Russian People's Council at the United Nations, the clergyman Nicholas Cathedral in New York, Archpriest George Roschin.

      His Holiness welcomed guest, noting that he considers the visit of His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon very important.
      "Over the last 25 years there have been great changes not only in the life of the Russian Church, but also in the lives of our people. Today a lot of people identify with Russian Orthodoxy - Patriarch Kirill said. - This is evident by the number of believers who attend services, including youth. An increasing number of churched people, those who are fasting constantly receive communion. But perhaps the most important thing that many now began to look for the motivation of their actions in Christian beliefs. "

      "We want to pray together with the Heads of the Local Orthodox Churches, and to thank God for the grace that was revealed to the Russian people - said on His Holiness. - But at the same time, we want to pray together with all the Orthodox Churches of the Lord to bless our continued historical path. We are faced with many problems of various kinds - because the church is large and our great nation. A positive solution to these problems could have very good effects on people's lives, and a negative - slow the spiritual development of our people. And we would like to see this general congregational prayer has given new impetus to the development of the spiritual life of our church. The celebration will be held in Moscow, Kiev and Minsk - three capitals, heiress of Holy Russia. For us, it is equally important that, in all three places these celebrations have become a stimulus for further spiritual development. "

      For its part, Metropolitan Tikhon thanked the Primate of the Russian Church for their hospitality.

      "Your Holiness, in the Orthodox world is now facing some difficulties. As you know, the United States, including our Orthodox Church in America, too, is facing a number of problems, "- stated the Metropolitan. He thanked Patriarch Kirill for help and wise counsel during the period of temporary difficulties experienced Orthodox Church in America in the recent past.
      They discussed bilateral issues and themes of pan-Orthodox character. Primates of the Russian Orthodox Church and the Orthodox Church in America expressed a common concern about the threats to the existence of the Christian presence in Syria and the Middle East in general. Particular concern was expressed about the long stay in the captivity of militants Metropolitan of Aleppo Paul ( Ecumenical Patriarchate ) and Metropolitan Mar Gregorios John Ibrahim (Syrian Orthodox Church).

      After the talks, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of attention to works for the good of the Holy Church and in connection with the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Russia presented the Primate of the Orthodox Church in America and the members of his delegation awards of the Russian Orthodox Church.

      His Beatitude Metropolitan of All America and Canada Tikhon was awarded the Order of St. Vladimir Ist degree.
      Toledo Bishop Alexander was awarded the Order of St. Vladimir IInd degree.

      Archimandrite Alexander (Pihach), Archpriest John Dzhillions, Deacon Cyril Dotsenko and Deacon Jesse Ayzak awarded the Order of St. Vladimir IIIrd degree.

      Also on the memory of the stay in Holy Russia of the Russian Orthodox Church, His Beatitude Metropolitan Tikhon gave kit consisting of a cross and two panagias, small robe and bishop's staff. Gifts were presented to the other members of the delegation.

      Blessed Tikhon thanked the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church from himself and the members of the delegation and presented at the meeting of the prayerful memory of an icon of St. Tikhon, Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia.