Burial of +Kirill of Varna; Patriarch Kirill's condolences

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013
      Funeral of drwoned Bulgarian metropolitan will be led by Patriarch Neofit; it will take place at 11 am on July 11th.  The Bulgarian Synod today elected +Kalinnik of Vraca [or Vratsa] to be locum tenens.
      http://www.sedmitza.ru/text/3883867.html

      https://mospat.ru/en/2013/07/10/news88461/

      Patriarch Kirill’s condolences over the death of Metropolitan Kirill of
      Varna and Veliki Preslav, hierarch of Bulgarian Orthodox Church

      10.07.2013 ·
      His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia expressed his
      condolences to His Holiness Patriarch Neophyte and the Holy Synod of the
      Bulgarian Orthodox Church over the untimely death of Metropolitan Kirill of
      Varna and Veliki Preslav. The text of the message is given below:

      Your Holiness,
      Beloved Brother and Concelebrant at God’s
      Altar,

      On behalf of bishops, clergy, monastics and the whole Russian Orthodox
      Church, I offer you and the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church my
      sincere condolences over the untimely death of a distinguished hierarch, His
      Eminence Metropolitan Kirill of Varna and Veliki Preslav.

      The newly deceased Bulgarian archpastor was a great friend of the Russian
      Orthodox Church. He was known and loved in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other
      countries that make up the canonical territory of the Moscow Patriarchate which
      he visited on numerous occasions as a dear and welcome guest.

      I knew Metropolitan Kirill for many years and my heart grieves at the news of
      his death.

      May the Divine Chief Pastor, our Lord Jesus Christ, give rest to the soul of
      His servant in the mansions of the righteous! Eternal memory to him!
      With brotherly love in the Lord,
      +Kirill,
      Patriarch of
      Moscow and All Russia