Church dignitary likens NATO to "Fourth Reich"

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2013
      http://www.b92.net/eng/news/region.php?yyyy=2013&mm=07&dd=01&nav_id=86805

      July 1, 2013
      Church dignitary likens NATO to "Fourth Reich"

      Source: Tanjug

      PODGORICA -- SPC Metropolitan of Montenegro Amfilohije has referred to
      the western military alliance NATO as "the Fourth Reich."

      The media in Podgorica are quoting him as saying that NATO represented
      "a continuation of fascism and a desire to rule the whole world."

      This dignitary of the Serbian Orthodox Church (SPC) also appraised that
      it was good that the region was uniting "with Europe" - but noted that
      this should not happen "as part of NATO."

      "What is NATO's reason of being? What is NATO, if not the Fourth Reich?
      What is it, if not a continuation of fascism and a desire to rule the
      whole world," Amfilohije said, during a consecration ceremony for a
      renewed church near the town of KolaĊĦin, northern Montenegro.

      "We are going to Europe, but to contribute something, not only to beg
      around Europe. The first thing that Montenegro could do is to ask the
      NATO nations to disband the pact. That would be Montenegro's
      contribution to Europe," the media in Podgorica quoted the metropolitan
      as saying.

      As for Kosovo and Metohija, he said the tyranny of Murad - the Ottoman
      Turkish leader killed during the Battle of Kosovo in 1389 - was
      "continuing" there:

      "Now it is not Murad who is taking part in it, it is NATO, the EU, and
      the U.S., in other words, all those who continue with the tyrannies of
      the crusades, the Inquisition, Napoleon, and the Bolsheviks."

      "They defend human rights, and drop bombs on us, and call that a
      humanitarian bombing. Americans have built one of the largest military
      fortifications in the world in Kosovo, for humanitarian purposes. Our
      leaders need to think well. We should go to Europe, but to what kind?
      Europe such as it is - criminal, tyrannical, trampling on the poor - is
      that the Europe we need?," Amfilohije asked.