Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk: the Holy Rus’ keeps living in the souls of millions........

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2013
      https://mospat.ru/en/2013/07/01/news88212/

      Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk: the Holy Rus’ keeps living in the
      souls of millions of people who are under spiritual guidance of Russian
      Church

      1/7/13

      A solemn divine service was celebrated at the crossing place of Russian,
      Ukrainian and Byelorussian borders on 29 June 2013, preceding the
      traditional International Festival of Slavic Nations.

      After the liturgy, clergy and official delegations took part in the
      opening of the festival marking the 1025thanniversary of the Baptism of
      Russia.

      Flags were hoisted and the national anthems of Ukraine, Byelorussia and
      Russia were performed. Mr. Yury Bogutsky, advisor to the President of
      Ukraine and head of the Presidential Administration Chief Office for
      Humanitarian Development, read out a message from Mr. Viktor Yanukovych.
      Greeting the participants in the festival were also Mr. Alexander
      Beglov, Envoy of the President of the Russian Federation to the Central
      Federal District; Mr. Vladimir Khomenko, head of the Chernigov Regional
      Administration; Mr. Vladimir Dvornik, head of the Gomel Regional
      Executive Committee; Mr. Nikolai Denin, Governor of the Bryansk region;
      Mr. Anatoliy Lis, advisor to the President of the Republic of Belarus
      and chief inspector for the Gomel region.

      Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk greeted all those present on behalf
      of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia and noted that
      the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Russia gave a great opportunity
      to remember the heroic deed of the Holy Prince Vladimir the Baptizer of
      Russia. Thanks to Prince Vladimir’s momentous choice, Russian, Ukrainian
      and Byelorussian people regard each other not as foreigners, but as
      brothers, kin sharing the same worldview.

      “Belonging to the one Eastern Slavic Orthodox civilization, each of our
      nations has its own national identity, as is vividly demonstrated by the
      ‘Friendship’ festival which unites young people from Ukraine, Russia and
      Byelorussia”, Metropolitan Hilarion said. “In recent years, common
      prayer has become part of the festival. And today we for the first time
      have celebrated the Divine Liturgy here, having partaken of the Holy
      Communion from the same chalice. Soon a church will be built in this
      place, at the crossing point of three roads and three borders, which
      will become a symbol of our spiritual unity.”

      “The Holy Rus’ is not a phenomenon of our distant past. The Holy Rus’
      keeps living in the souls of millions of people who are under the
      spiritual guidance of the Russian Church. Though state borders separate
      us today, we have a common history and the one Church. It means we have
      a common future.”

      The official part of the festival was followed by a concert program.

      Representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church saw the expositions
      arranged by youth organizations of the Gomel, Chernigov and Bryansk regions.

      After the festival, the Ukrainian delegation gave a grand reception.