Russia is fated to become center of Christian world – priest

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2013
      http://www.pravmir.com/russia-is-fated-to-become-center-of-christian-world-priest-2/

      Russia is fated to become center of Christian world � priest

      admin Jul 1st, 2013

      Moscow, July 1, Interfax � Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplain, chairman of the
      Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations, said Russia is
      moving towards maximum self-reliance and must become the center of
      global Christianity.

      �It is not accidental that many see Russia as a defender of Christian
      ideals and traditional moral values, as a country that provides a real
      alternative to the cult of the golden calf and to a suicidal
      understanding of what freedom is,� Father Vsevolod writes in an article,
      published in the /Rus Derzhavnaya/ newspaper on Monday.

      Russia must start feeling it is the center of the Christian world, he
      writes. Only if it does will it become an accomplished nation. The rest
      is �first, petty and, second, self-destructive for it,� the priest said.

      �Russia has told the world in clipped terms that it can definitely speak
      its own language, the language of a self-sufficient and strong nation,
      whose traditions and experience give it the right to walk its own way,
      to defend its own ideas of how society should be set up, and also to
      offer it to the world,� Fr. Vsevolod said.

      However hard one tried to influence the state into following the
      opinions of narrow groups that link themselves to foreign trends and
      position themselves as the mouthpiece of �would-be Russia�, or �other
      Russia,� or �real Russia, nothing worked, he said.

      �It is not accidental that we said in clear terms despite pressure
      coming from the West that we do want to protect children from early
      sexualization and from the propaganda of homosexuality. And we also said
      that support for foreign adoptions of Russian children is an extremely
      irrational step. We do not want these children, adopted by perverts, to
      lose the hope in which many of them were baptised, and to lose a normal
      life,� Fr. Vsevolod said.

      *Source: *Interfax-Religion
      <http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=10595>