Moscow diocesan Court & Patriarch Kirill defrock priest-monk Ilya Semin

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2013
      (Russian) http://www.portal-credo.ru/site/?act=news&id=101687
      (Russian) http://www.patriarchia.ru/db/text/3066772.html

      Moscow diocesan court and the Patriarch of Moscow Patriarchate promptly defrocked priest-monk Ilya (Semin), without waiting for the entry into force of a court in his criminal case

      Diocesan Court of Moscow (city) Diocese of ROC in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 33 of the Regulations of the ecclesiastical court of the MP and by order of Patriarch Kirill (Gundyaev) of 25 June, considered the matter on June 26, "the commission of a clergyman of Moscow priest Ilya (Semin) offense that resulted in the death of two people. "
      According to the press service of the Patriarch of Moscow Patriarchate , "in connection with its consideration of document diocesan court found the banned cleric Moscow celibate priest ilya (Semin) responsible for the death of two persons, which falls under the 5th rule of St. Gregory of Nyssa:" If anyone, although would unwittingly be defiled with murder, per se, as has become unclean through an unclean thing, generally recognized unworthy of the priestly grace. "The court decided to deprive dignity celibate priest Eli (Semin) and submit the decision to the discretion of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia."
      The patriarch, who is in residence at Gelindzhik, on the same day confirmed the decision of the Diocesan Court and appealed to the public the following statement:

      "Having considered the case of Ilya priesthood (Semin) in the state court of Moscow diocesan court decided the eruption of the dignity of the cleric. The fault of monk Ilya is not in doubt, it is recognized and fully proved in the framework of the judicial process. How the ruling bishop city of Moscow affirm the decision ecclesiastical court.

      Monk Ilyas deed cost the lives of two innocent people whose relatives have suffered irretrievable loss. We share the grief with them and pray for the repose in the abode of the righteous servants of God, Nicholas and Paul. Eternal memory deceased.

      Our prayers - for the monk Ilya, who is subject by us to strict canonical sanctions. Never in his life,  will he be  able to stand before the throne of God, but is intended to be reserved for the monastic rank tirelessly to repent of their sins. Sacred dignity as human life is given once and only once climbs.

      Monk Ilyas' lias deed led  those that the desire to use the occasion to accuse our whole Church, was the impetus for the slanders against the clergy, with most of them honestly and selflessly bears his pastoral ministry.
      Let what happened with the monk Ilya will serve as a warning to all the clergy. Each priest must always be remembered words of the Gospel "be careful how dangerously you walk." With this in mind recall the sobering call of the Savior, we will avoid the temptations and temptations of this world, will direct the thoughts and writings to preach the faith, to use all forces serving people, for the good of our people and the fatherland.