Fire destroys candle factory and skete at Holy Cross Monastery

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013
      http://www.eadiocese.org/News/2013/june/hcmfire.en.htm

      June 23, 2013
      Wayne, WV: Fire destroys candle factory and skete at Holy Cross Monastery

      Around 6:00 AM on Sunday morning, on the feast of Holy Pentecost, a fire
      burned down the building housing the Convent of the Nativity of the
      Virgin Mary
      <http://eadiocese.org/Parishes/westvirginia/en.wayneconvent.htm> and
      candle factory at Holy Cross Monastery
      <http://eadiocese.org/Parishes/westvirginia/en.holycross.htm> in Wayne,
      WV. By the grace of God, the fire caused the monastics no serious,
      life-threatening injuries. More information will be published as it
      becomes available. Please pray for Mother Theodora, who is left with no
      cell and only the clothes on her back. It is not yet clear what started
      the fire, but in the words of Mother Theodora, "God has allowed this so
      that we will repent for our sins."

      Those who wish to donate to the monastery to help with the repairs can
      do so at their website by *clicking here*
      <https://store.holycross-hermitage.com/catalog/donate>.