St Moses he Black Brotherhood annual conference 10/10-13

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2013
      http://oca.org/news/headline-news/st.-moses-the-black-brotherhood-to-host-20th-annual-conference-october-10-1

      June 19, 2013
      St. Moses the Black Brotherhood to host 20th annual conference October 10-13
      KANSAS CITY, KS [OCA]
      Saint Mary of Egypt Church here will host the 20th annual Brotherhood of Saint Moses the Black conference October 10-13, 2013.

      The theme of this year’s conference is “It Takes a Village: Bridging Culture and the Orthodox Faith.”
      The Brotherhood is a Pan-Orthodox organization that desires through it’s efforts to make the Orthodox Christian faith available to the African American community and to help the Church itself in realizing this goal.

      According to information recently released by the Brotherhood, the conference represents, for the Orthodox Church, a one-of-a-kind opportunity to reach out to African Americans across the US and initiate and build an awareness of the needs of diverse people.

      “When we first began, we didn’t have much to go on,” says a Brotherhood spokesperson. “Surprisingly, we ended up meeting a lot of like minded people. From these conferences we have books, icons, booklets, audio and videos, all which help to further the work that is needed. And so we continue through the conferences, local chapters, local ou
      treach and using our gifts and talents to reach out to others and to make the Church a welcome place.”
      For additional information and on-line registration please visit www.mosestheblack.org.