Middle East primates turn to Russian power

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2013
      http://www.portal-credo.ru/site/?act=news&id=101266&topic=671
      Un-edited machine translation.

      rimates of the Churches of the Middle East will appeal to Putin to become a guarantor of peace in the region, said the Archbishop of Cyprus Chrysostomos

      Primates of the Christian Churches of the Middle East at a meeting to be held in Moscow in July to celebrate the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Kievan Rus', will appeal to Russian President Vladimir Putin to provide, as the head of a superpower, help in establishing a lasting peace in the region. On this, as reported by "Romfea" , said June 6 Archbishop of Cyprus Chrysostomos.

      The archbishop made this statement at the airport in Larnaca, where he returned at the end of the joint with the Patriarch of Alexandria Theodoros visit to Lebanon.The purpose of the visit, according to Chrysostom, was an expression of sympathy and support of the Patriarchate of Antioch, the escalation of the civil war in Syria.
      The Primate of the Church of Cyprus official re konstantiroval that for more than a month is known about the fate of the two kidnapped archbishop of Aleppo - Syria's northern capital. "This is a tragedy - he said - in fact unknown, these people are alive or they are killed." He also recognized the real threat to the very existence of Christianity in Syria and Egypt, which can not but cause concern and to neighboring Cyprus.

      His visit to Lebanon, Archbishop Chrysostomos acknowledged a "successful", saying: "We clearly stated that we will do everything in our power in order to raise their voices in protest, turning at the same time as world leaders in order to ensure lasting peace in the region."

      Speaking about the possible role of President Putin in resolving the Middle East issue, Chrysostomos assured that the real leader of Russia is trying to establish a lasting peace in the world.