UOC-Moscow Patriarchate Satisfied With Relations With Greek-Catholics in Galicia

    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2013
      http://risu.org.ua/en/index/all_news/confessional/interchurch_relations/52456/

      Leadership of UOC-Moscow Patriarchate Satisfied With Relations With
      Greek-Catholics in Galicia

      Administrator of Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Moscow Patriarchate (UOC-MP),
      Metropolitan Antonii (Pakanych) of Boryspil of UOC-MP said at the
      opening of the “7th Festival of Orthodox Mass Media” in Lviv on 27 May
      that there were no misunderstanding or disagreement between the Orthodox
      and Greek Catholics and that the relations between the two Churches in
      the region are stable.

      The metropolitan stated that the inter-denominational situation in the
      region has improved with the appointment of Bishop Filaret (Kucherov)
      head of the Lviv Eparchy.

      “We have spoken with Bishop Filaret today. Indeed, the relations between
      UGCC and UOC has become stable since his appointment,” noted the
      metropolitan.

      “The most important thing is to understand each other. The most
      important thing is not to yield to any provocations, and then, any
      issues arising, any problems can be settled by us jointly with our
      leadership,” stressed Metropolitan Antonii.