UOC/MP Hierarchs Invite EP to Ukraine

    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2013
      http://risu.org.ua/en/index/all_news/orthodox/constantinople_patriarchy/52391/

      Hierarchs of Ukrainian Orthodox Church Invite Patriarch Bartholomew I to
      Ukraine
      On May 21 Metropolitan Anthony (Pakanych) Boryspil and
      Archbishop Oleksandr (Drabynko) of Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky and Vyshneve visited
      Constantinople, where they met with Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I.

      On May 21
      Metropolitan Anthony (Pakanych) Boryspil and Archbishop Oleksandr (Drabynko) of
      Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky and Vyshneve visited Constantinople, where they met with
      Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I.
      The meeting was
      also attended by an advisor to the president of Ukraine, the head of the
      humanitarian development department Yuri Bohutsky.

      Representatives of
      the UOC-MP and the state shared with the Ecumenical Patriarch the program of
      commemorative events marking the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Kyivan
      Rus, which is celebrated in Ukraine on the highest church and state
      level.

      The guests passed
      from President Yanukovych an invitation to the patriarch to participate in the
      celebrations, the official website of the UOC-MP reports.
      www.risu.org.ua

      may be used, in part or in their entirety, by quoting the
      source.