Metropolitan Tikhon calls for prayers for tornado victims

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2013
      http://oca.org/news/headline-news/metropolitan-tikhon-calls-for-prayers-for-tornado-victims

      May 21, 2013
      Metropolitan Tikhon calls for prayers for tornado victims

      SYOSSET, NY [OCA]

      In the wake of the tornadoes that devastated the suburbs of Oklahoma
      City, OK on Monday, May 20, 2013, His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon,
      has called upon all faithful Orthodox Christians to offer prayers for
      those who lost their lives, their families, and everyone touched by the
      tragedy.

      "We call upon everyone to remember in their prayers the victims of the
      Oklahoma City Tornado and those whose lives have been affected by this
      disaster," said Metropolitan Tikhon. "We ask that our risen Lord will
      bring comfort to those who have lost everything---including loved
      ones---as well as the responders who continue to search for survivors.
      May our Lord grant eternal rest to those who lost their lives in the
      tragedy, and may He comfort those so afflicted."

      The Orthodox Church in America has three communities in Oklahoma---Holy
      Apostles Church, Bixby, OK; Saints Cyril and Methodius Church,
      Hartshorne, OK; and Saint Basil the Great Mission, Weatherford, OK ---
      none of which were affected. Updates will be posted should further
      information be received.

      The faithful are encouraged to offer financial assistance through
      established agencies that already have a presence in the affected area,
      and to check the web sites of International Orthodox Christian Charities
      <http://www.iocc.org> [IOCC] and the Fellowship of Orthodox Christians
      United to Serve <http://www.focusnorthamerica.org/> [FOCUS] for
      additional opportunities to help.