Jordan: Christians to hold silent march for reease of Syrian bishops

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 4:31 AM
      http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/61591.htm

      RSS  Карта сайта
       Православие.Ru ПоместныЦеркви

      Jordan: Christians to hold silent prayer
      march for release of kidnapped Syrian bishops

      Bishop Yazigi & Bishop
      Ibrahim Next Tuesday, 21 May, Christians in
      Amman, Jordan, will hold a silent candlelit procession to demand the release of
      the two bishops of Aleppo, Mar Gregorios Yohanna Ibrahim and Boulos al-Yazigi in
      the hands of unknown kidnappers for a month.
      Archbishop Maroun Laham, Patriarchal Vicar
      for Jordan of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem said: "all the Christian
      churches will take part. We will leave from the Orthodox Cathedral of Amman to
      reach the Syriac Church, passing by the Latin Rite Catholic Cathedral.
      "In this way the Christians of Amman and
      Jordan can join in the prayer that rises from all Christians in the Arab world,
      so our brother bishops and all the other victims of kidnapping are soon
      released."
      The silent march is being convened by the
      Assembly of the Heads of Churches in Jordan. In January 2009, a similar march
      was organized in Amman to demand an end to the military campaign 'Cast Lead'
      waged by the Israeli army in the Gaza Strip.
      ICN

      17 / 05
      / 2013